Gold is becoming in recent years an investment alternative for many investors. A recent report from the World Gold Council indicates, for example, that since 1971 the precious metal has appreciated by an average of 9.9% per year. A few months ago, the director in Spain of Degussa, Tomás Epeldegui, pointed out that the profitability of gold in the previous 10 years reached 123.92% and 28% only in the last five years.
All experts claim that there are several reasons to defend investing in physical gold regal assets. Some of them are:
- The main one is that it is the element of value that humanity has naturally adopted for more than 5,000 years, a fact common to all cultures and civilizations. For this reason it is recognized anywhere in the world as an asset of value.
- Gold has currency status, a currency that has endured over time. The supply of gold is finite, giving greater consistency to its value.
- Another great reason is its taxation. Despite purchasing an asset, investment gold is exempt from paying VAT, provided it is physical gold, that is, bullion and coins that meet certain conditions established by Community legislation.
- Physical gold is and has been the best vehicle to preserve value and maintain heritage over time. It has been an inflation hedge helping to maintain the purchasing power of its holders throughout the history of humanity.
- It is also a refuge value since it lacks political risk, a counterparty and is universally accepted. It does not depend on the issuer’s ability to pay, whether private or public.
- It is advisable to make recurring investments over time. It will help us to average the price. On the other hand, at least history shows it, its value has been increasing over time.
- Its liquidity is another fundamental aspect. In the case of gold we can say that it is one of the most liquid investments in the world since it is one of the most valued assets in the world.
- In addition, the possibility that it gives us to be able to buy it on a recurring basis over time makes it one more alternative to our pension or retirement plans, our savings for the future.
- Contrary to general belief, investing in gold is available to all budgets, since the smallest bars that can be purchased are those of 1 gram, whose price today is around 60 euros.
To close this Decalogue, it is essential to say that the acquisitions of gold must be a part of the range of products in which we place our savings. Precisely, the part that will constitute insurance for all the others.